Dismissing Children During the School Day
- Parents/guardians wishing to dismiss their child before the close of school must inform the office in writing the morning of the early dismissal. If your child is being picked up by someone other than his or her parent/guardian, authorization must be included in the note.
- When picking up your child from school, you will be required to come to the office to sign him/her out in our dismissal log. Please do not go directly to your child's classroom. We will then dismiss the student via the intercom system.
- Any person attempting to dismiss a child who is unknown to school office personnel will be asked to provide a valid driver’s license.
- Please be advised that early dismissals are very disruptive to the classroom and should be limited to emergency situations.
- Due to the State's regulations regarding learning time we cannot dismiss students on a regular basis before 3:25 P.M.
- Dismissals are also recorded on student report cards and attendance records